Monday, February 1, 2010

My Apologies

I would like to apologize to my readers. I lost my grand father last week, which is why I didn't post any news for over a week.

I have to get myself together and I am in no mood to write anything right now. I have barely been around the horses, let alone trim their feet. I will give myself until tommorow to rake up my next post... in the meantime... I will catch up on your blogs that I have not had the time to read.

For those of you who would like to know, my grandpa went peacefully in his sleep. He was a very sick man and I always said that I was prepared for his death.... it doesn't work that way... I was prepared for him to suffer and struggle in the hospital before his death. He died at home, my aunt was looking after him and they lived on a lake shore, he was very spoiled. We will miss him dearly but I am relieved that he died the way he did. Now that everything is over, we all feel a big void in our lives. He was prepared to go and told me, shortly before his death, that he was tired of living that way and that he wanted to go. That made the news a bit less harsh for me because I knew that he got what he asked for. It is still very hard, my grandpa was very lucid and always told us stories of earlier times, he could also predict the weather for the year pretty acurately... so according to him, February will be snowy. We will certainly miss him a whole lot.

Please bare with me while I got through this tough time. Thanks for your loyalty!

In case you got confused... my grandpa died on January 23rd... My Great Uncle died 2 weeks prior... it is two deaths in a short time for my family. The great Uncle was on my dad's side and my grandpa was my Mom's father, so both sides were affected. We've had several deaths in our small town, I think it is the 10th or 12th death in a month's time, maybe 5 weeks...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, my thoughts are with you and your family.

    Take as much time as you need, when you are ready, we'll be here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss....I know exactly how you feel. The hardest death in my family that I ever had to deal with was losing my grandfather. He was very special to me and I still miss him every day. But, he did lay in the hospital and suffer greatly for about a month before he passed. So, take comfort in knowing that your grandfather did not suffer, and is in a better place.....take care...it will get better with time.. :)

    http://horsefilleddays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete