Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Debuts

I started riding when I was in first or second grade, I met someone that had a horse. Her name was Penny Lane (Beattles much!?!??!), she was a Halflinger cross, about 22 years old. First, she was the perfect height for us, about 14hh. We still needed a milk crate to get on her back at first. My friend took lessons and she basically thought me how to ride. She left me on my own pretty much all the time, unless she would notice something that I could improve and she gave me tips on how to balance and be light.

Penny was a great kids horse, she was patient and kind and would walk us around all day in the same pasture. I never got bored with horses or riding. I rode Penny until I was about 13 years old, then, she was sold. It was a hard time for my friend and I and we cried a whole lot, I remember saying goodbye to Penny. I never heard from her again, but I know that she would be a kids horse and maybe do little jumps.

After Penny was gone, I missed riding a lot, but I didn't know where to turn to ride horses... in my mind no horse would ever replace Penny... (to be continued)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!! I'm not much of a writer (spelling???) See, I don't even know how to spell it!!! It'll get more interesting as I go, this is just my start with horses... sort of putting you in context!

    ReplyDelete