Friday, June 11, 2010

Weekend Fun!

Finally the weekend is here!... Well... Almost...

I have many plans for the weekend, but they are calling for rain and cooler weather.

This weekend, we have friends from the City coming over for Saturday and Sunday. We are planning to stay at our cottage, but it might be cold as it is not insulated and they are calling for nightly temperatures in the single digits!! (BRRRR!). Plus, if it rains, we'll have humidity to go with the cold!

Saturday will be our day on the farm, meeting the horses and cows and probably going for a walk in the forest and do some sight seeing. We have spectacular waterfalls nearly in our backyard so we'll be visiting that! The falls are divided on three levels and they add up to the same height as the Niagara Falls (which are also VERY worth it!)... all left in a natural setting. There is also a lot of local history on that site alone. I've worked there for a Summer and have learned a lot!

Sunday is the big day! We are going on a trail ride. If you are asking... we are not taking my horses... the only one I would trust a complete beginner on would be Dandy... plus, we are four and I only have three broke horses! So we rented string horses for two hours... one of them has never been near horses in his life, so I will introduce him to Dandy and maybe give him a mini lessons on how things work. He is quite the daredevil, so I'm sure he'll take everything in stride!

My other friend has been on a horse before and is ready to do it again. She is more of a drama queen and is pretty much scared of everything... I'm surprised she even got on a horse! Probably because she doesn't have a clue about what a horse is capable of doing.

I will try and take pictures as much as I can, but I also want to enjoy myself and not have to worry about them if they are okay or not... hence the mini lesson.

We are renting horses on the farm where Dandy's Sire is located! I'll be happy to see him again... given he is still alive, he is getting up there age wise... I think he is an 1982 horse... heck! He's older than me! Still breeding succesfully the last time I saw him, which was 2 years ago.

He is quite the gentle giant... at 17.3 hands, he is under control ALL the time.

I hope everyone enjoys a great weekend and nice weather! I will try to have photos of our weekend next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment