Thursday, April 22, 2010

Too excited!!!

It's only Thursday... I can barely hold myself in my chair... I can't wait to see what I will look like on Saturday!?!? Counting the sleep I will probably lack.

Since I have such a busy weekend dangling at the end of my leash, I will put you in perspective of what I am supposed to do, starting tommorow after work... here goes:

1. Shoot home as fast as I legally can! lol (I'll probably get there around 4:00 pm
2. I want to remove Peg's shoes
3. I have to get the trailer from my friend (by the way, he's the bestest friend EVER!)
4. Prepare trailer for next morning's trip to the vet
5. Prepare colt's rest area after surgery and prepare colt...

Saturday:

1. Call vet to see if we're still good (she's on call this weekend for emergencies)
2. Drive up to my parent's place to help load the colt
3. Drive back to my farm to get Dandy on the way to the vet
4. Drive to vet (I'm assuming it'll take 45 minutes to 1 hour, very curvy and narrow road!)
5. Get shots for Dandy
6. Get colt gelded
7. Wait appropriate amount of time to allow colt to get into trailer
8. Load horses and go back home
9. Unload horses and go back to my farm
10. Call friend
11. Leave with friend to go get the new gal! (2:15 hours away, one way)
12. Don't know how she'll load
13. Probably eat a bite somewhere during the trip
14. Get home, unload new gal in small pasture with Dandy (have them meet over fence first!)
15. I have limestone to spread on the fields
16. Disk
17. Probably no more time left in day
18... Before I leave, I have to make sure that my SO is well aligned for the task of taking the bulls to the slaughterhouse. I want the weight for each one recorded for payment purposes...

Sunday
1. I want to spend time with the new gal
2. Make friends with her as much as I can
3. Probably take Dandy for a ride given that the weather is nice
4. Probably disk again...

So, that's my weekend plans... I probably left something out... Saturday will be a killer. I will spend over 6 hours on the road, needless to say that there is stuff to do in between the roadtrips... UHG! I will try and fit in taking pictures of the new horse and of all the cattle. No new baby calf yet... this is a true patience game!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA! I feel the same, everytime I think about her, I get all butterflies and shaky... I hope she meets my expectations once I start training her... She is short backed, so I hope she is not as rough of a ride as some short backs I know... I guess it depends on the breed and conformation. She should be fast, she has a huge hindquarter!

    ReplyDelete