Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Project!!!!!

I am very excited to announce that I have just (litteraly 2 minutes ago) aquired a new project horse. She is a 3 year old bay tobiano filly. She hasn't been handled since she was young, so this should be an interesting project.

I must say, she is a beautiful mare and I am not talking about colour here. She has good conformation and should be fast! I can use her for my projects that I had... barrels, poles, small jumps! I am very happy. We are getting her Saturday and I am sure that I will be a nervous wreck! I need to make plans to go get her... since we are taking our horses to the vet on Saturday morning... I will probably only get her in the afternoon. Yikes... lots of money spent there! That's okay, the project girl didn't cost an arm. The guy needed to get rid of her since his gelding is going off to training and there is no time for her, plus he didn't want to leave her alone. I made a ridiculously low offer and got the mare. She is untrained, but I can work on that over time... I'm sure I'll have her under saddle by mid-summer if I dedicate enough time. I will post pictures as soon as I have some! I am so excited! She will meet Dandy first as I will try to get them to bond, since Dandy has no real friends. The new gal needs to brace herself to meet Peg and Pearl because they are as unfriendly as any horse can get! Of course, they will meet over the fence first!

Can't wait! Also, no new calf yet... and our steer are going to the meat factory this weekend... so it sounds like a pretty busy weekend for me... I'll try to get my SO on some tasks and take other tasks for me... i.e.: he takes care of the steer and I take care of the horses... I also want to remove Peg's shoes... YIKES! too much stuff for 2 days!

I'll try to get the shoes off Friday evening, since I am supposed to be off of work early. Then I will get the trailer ready for the next morning's vet appointment. Next day will be off to the vet early, bringing the horses back home then taking off again to get the new gal and taking her home... I'm hoping to get all of that done before dinner time. I would like to spend some time getting used to the new gal, maybe Sunday would be a good day... just spend a lot of time with her, petting her and giving cookies. Since her daddy's name is Tantoo Eagle Bell... I want to change her name from Freya to Belle, I just don't like how I would say that out loud! lol

So if you have better name ideas, I am open to all of them... if it's something that has meaning, I am even more open!

3 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! Make sure you take loads of pictures for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! I can't wait to have her home!!!! I was such a nervous wreck waiting for my offer to be accepted... Since I started training horses, it's like I'm always looking for a horse to train... this time, it's mine! OOH!!! CAN'T WAIT! Too bad tommorow is only Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the weekend won't come fast enough for you with such an exciting event looming at the end. And surely there's nothing more exciting than getting a new horse.

    ReplyDelete