Friday, November 13, 2009

Short post

Just to say Hi! to my readers! Seems we are going to have a nice weekend here. Hopefully, I can get a little riding done.

Dandy has come up with a cough, I've been giving her medication and she seems better, except when I ride her. I'm not even on her back and she coughs... I am starting to wonder if it is not her bit that does that. Her bit is a full copper mouth and I am wondering if it might be making her drool too much and that is what makes her cough.

If I were to try a new bit, what would you recommend, straight mouth or snaffle? I'm thinking a plain "O" ring snaffle just to see how she does. I might try her bosal this weekend to see if the bit is the problem... if there is no bit in her mouth, we'll see clearly if that is the cause of the problem. She has been on a snaffle bit with copper mouth and about 3 inch shanks for about one year, I've started to notice the cough about 10 months ago... (???). Before, she was in a D-ring snaffle with copper rollers and she didn't like it at all. I don't know what to think... I'll try for some pictures too! ;)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment