Monday, November 30, 2009

Quick update!

I have taken pictures of the cow and also, new pics of Peg and Pearl. My sister and I took them on a ride yesterday after about 2 months without riding them (maybe more). They did great! I was very proud of them. I will post pictures tonight if I can upload them from my camera. I also need to delete all old lingering pictures on there since I have about 300 of them in the camera.

I have also took pictures of the cow, she is quite shy, but will not run off when you visit her... the only problem is that she likes to hide in a patch of bush in the pasture and she spends all day there... she will not come for grain so we have left a pale out for her the other day... we returned to an empty pale, so either she ate the oats or a deer took advantage of the free meal. She comes in at night, so she eats and drinks (I've monitored her every move!). I think she is just spooked that her herd is no longer there... She is also alone and that is not really natural... plus, the horses aren't much company, since both parties are scared of the next, cow is scared of horses and horses are scared of cow... No win situation... but we are planning on getting another cow to keep her company. My spouse's cousin has cattle so we will ask him for a cow to keep ours company.

So this is the news... I will try and post tonight with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment